In this digital world, everyone relies on the internet. Everything happens in a matter of seconds, from searching for recipes to booking tickets online. Not just this, if we have any query, the first thing we love to do is look for a solution over the internet. But have you ever wondered what would happen to your online business if you won’t appear on the first page of a search engine? The business would be a massive failure.
In this cut-throat competition, appearing on search engines is a must. It is the only way to get organic traffic. And to achieve the same, online businesses incorporate blogs on their website.
No matter what kind of website you have, having a blog page is a must. Not only is it good from an SEO perspective, but it also builds brand awareness. There are numerous benefits of SEO blogging. Here in this blog, we will understand how blogging helps in improving website rank.
What is a Blog?
If you are wondering what a blog is and how blog SEO benefits the website, this section will clear your doubts. The first blog was created in 1994 by Justin Hall; however, it was called a personal homepage. After a year of trial and error, the term blog was invented in the year 1999 by Peter Merholz.
A blog is an informational website or online journal from which one can get information. It is simply the platform to share views and information in a defined manner. Previously, it was only used to share information or views, but now it is employed by the business to educate its users. According to the stats, there have been over 570 million online blogs.
The ideal purpose of having a blog or creating one is to engage with users or increase brand visibility. Some businesses utilise it to earn money through affiliate commissions, and some use blogs to rank higher on the search engine. If you want to set up a blog page, then you can contact SEO consultant in Mumbai to help you out.
What is Blogging?
Now comes the question of what blogging is? Most people think blogging is only restricted to writing your personal views on the dedicated platform, but it is not just that. Blogging can be writing, publishing photos, videos, etc. The idea of blogging came from writing in a diary format, but instead of writing it on paper, people share their views on the internet. It was used as a side hobby or gig, but now people are meeting their end only through blogging.
Blogging uses a conversational tone to educate users about the subject or product. Blogs can vary according to the subject matter. Travel blogs mostly contain pictures of destination sites and fewer passages, but an education blog will contain more information and fewer images.
Maintaining a blog is easy and doesn’t require any extra setup, but to help newbies out, there are various SEO consultants in Mumbai readily available at your service.
What is Article?
This is the rising query among users; often, people get confused between article writing and blog posts. Articles are write ups that follow a defined structure and are written to reach a large group of audience. These articles are generally published by the press or publishing houses like magazines, newspapers, journals, etc. Compared to blogs, writing an article is tough and challenging. Not everyone can write it as it requires proper knowledge and research regarding the subject.
The purpose of the article is to create an impact on the end-user. Articles can be of various types, such as online article writing, freelance article writing, SEO article writing, and much more.
Difference Between a Blog and an Article?
This section will clear your doubts if you are wondering about the difference between articles and blogs. As mentioned above, blogs use an informal tone and follow the diary-style format. Still, in the case of article writing, one must have proper knowledge about the subject, and the tone used should be formal so that it impacts the reader.
Blog posts are usually short, but article writing is long-form content. Further, the writer must have impeccable grammar and spelling for article writing. One could not use filler or bogus content in article writing. The editors usually review most articles, and after multiple rechecks, they go live on the magazine, website, journal, etc. At the same time, blog posts may be self-published.
Article writing employs a sophisticated and clean writing style, but one can use casual writing in blog posts.
How Does Blogging Help SEO?
There is no denying that content is the king and is indeed ruling the online market. Business not only gains a wider audience through content but also brings conversions. There are numerous benefits of blogging, and here in this section, we will cast light on the guidelines for SEO blog structure.
- Enhanced Visibility – The first blog SEO benefit is enhanced visibility. When you post content online, it is no longer limited to one person; the content is available to people all across the globe. With the help of blogging, a person can attract more visitors. Want to gain visibility, reach out to an SEO agency in Mumbai.
- More Indexed Page – If your website has multiple pages, then the website will get recognition only with more indexed pages. In the eyes of search engines, indexed pages stand for trust and authenticity. With blogging, businesses can index more pages that will ensure more credibility of the site.
- High Ranking For Particular Keywords – Another benefit of SEO blogging is improving the chance of ranking on certain keywords. If people enter that particular keyword on a search engine, the chance of appearing on the website is higher if they use the same keyword. This is why many SEO services in Mumbai prefer to invest in keyword research tools.
- Easy to Get Backlinks – This is the most overlooked fact, but blogging is a good way to get proper backlinks. However, there are many other ways to acquire backlinks, but business owners prefer blogging for the same. They must write appropriate content around the popular topic and then do the link outreach to acquire backlinks. Getting backlinks on your own can be tricky, so it is best to take help from an SEO company in Mumbai.
- Better Internal Linking – The blog’s main purpose is to keep the user engaged, which is only possible if he won’t leave the site. For achieving the same, website owners use internal linking strategies, which help optimise the site.
How to Structure Your Blog Post for SEO?
Having a blog is not enough; from an SEO perspective, you need proper structure. Most people think only good writing skills will take blogging to another level, but that’s not true; impeccable writing skills are important to engage with users but to target an audience, you need to have a proper structure. And to achieve the same, businesses prefer to hire SEO agencies in Mumbai as these agencies are experts in gaining visibility. Here, we are discussing the proper structure for blog posts for SEO.
- Title and Meta Description – The first thing that grabs the audience’s attention is the title tag. Not only should it be appealing, but it should also contain key phrases from an SEO perspective. Furthermore, it is impossible to appear on the search engine without a meta description. A solid title and meta description assist Google and the readers in understanding the content and make the content shine out in the SERPs. The limit for the title is 60- 65 characters, whereas, for meta description, one can go up to 165 characters.
- Feature Image – This is an overlooked factor in many blog posts. Businesses forget to pay attention to feature images, but pictures are an essential element in blog posts. It sets the tone for the blog. It conveys the message of the blog via graphics. For example, if the blog post is about the benefits of blogging, then the image should circle around the same. This graphic appears at the top of the blog and is also used as a teaser by many CMS. These feature images also appear as a thumbnail in search engines. Many SEO Consultant in Mumbai help website owners to optimise their old blog posts so that it starts ranking on Google.
- Introduction with Focus Keyphrase – Next comes the decent introduction; if the blog post is not appealing and has a good starting, the reader won’t think twice before leaving the page. That’s why it is necessary to have an attention-grabbing introduction so that readers get hooked on the content. From the minute the visitors stumble on the blog, a powerful blog intro acts as a guiding hand. It helps bind user attention and is also helpful from an SEO perspective.
- H2 and H3 Subheading – Next comes the H2 and H3 heading, which helps organise the content. These headings aid in technical areas like keyword research and make browsing the information simpler for users. Further, it breaks the entire; post into sections, making it easier for the end-user to grab the content. Also, a large chunk of content was hard to read; it is best to keep paragraphs short. Subheads that are intriguing will engage the visitors on the site longer, demonstrating that the content is worth their time. It’s critical to include keywords in the sub-headings for SEO purposes and descriptive content for a better user experience.
- Main Content – Further, the main content is where the details lies, if it is filler or bogus, then users will leave the site. So it should be on point. Plus, the main content is where one can utilise SEO strategy more clearly. It is easy to add both long and short keywords to the blog. Further, one can also do internal links for better on-page SEO optimisation. Instead of adding content in paragraphs, it is important to mention bullet points and numbers for structured data.
- Images, Videos and Social Embeds – Search engines won’t let your content rank if it doesn’t contain images, tables, etc. There are various factors involved in achieving the ranking. Everyone loves well-structured content, so it is a must to have social embeds, images and videos in the blog posts. Content isn’t simply about reading words, it is more than that, and if users see how you blend text and pictures, they will appreciate it. This is why graphics and charts are critical to developing a compelling user experience – particularly if the graphics look fantastic with no exertion.
- Conclusion – Ending is essential for blogging. A good ending or conclusion gives a nutshell of the overall blog. The end of a blog should summarise everything you’ve said in the content and motivate the audience to take action. The finest blog endings are upbeat, affirming, and motivating. They should energise visitors, giving them the feeling that everything is achievable and put them towards action.
- Call to Action – This is one of the crucial aspects; you have pushed the reader to what he will do if you haven’t attached the call to action button. It is a money-making thing on the content. In short, from here, only businesses get conversions. A call to action is the key when you want your users to sign up for a newsletter or ask them to buy a service. Most people prefer to add it in conclusion, but it is best to spread a call to action throughout the blog.
- Frequently Asked Questions – This is not the necessary part, but from an SEO perspective, it is important. FAQs section helps content to appear on snippets. Not only do FAQs provide value to clients, but it also boosts SEO.
That’s all! Here we have mentioned all the reasons why blogging is important for SEO. No matter what kind of business you own, you need to have a blog because the SEO strategy would be best without it. Blog posts give meaning to SEO strategy and help in generating traffic. There are numerous SEO companies in Mumbai that can help you, but it is best to go with one that knows what they are doing and promises you results. Implementing an SEO strategy requires time, so businesses must be patient with SEO consultants. But with time, they can help you skyrocket your business.
So what is stopping you now? Take advantage of the best SEO consultant in Mumbai